Sunday, October 9, 2011

Italiano Eggs Benedict


I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. 
Mine started off kinda rough, my car was broken into by someone while in my driveway, I got in a fight with a complete stranger (thanks blogland!) and I had to make an emergency trip to pick up my youngest from my mom's house a few hours away because he was sick.
Yeah, pretty crappy start to the weekend!
but it got better
and it keeps getting better

I thought I'd share this recipe for my new favorite twist on the classic Benedict.This was a dish My husband and I found at a cute little Italian cafe in Long Beach. As soon as I tried it I knew I would have to make this for our next Saturday Family Breakfast. I am happy to say that it is easier to make than the usual benedict with that temperamental hollandaise.

Italiano Eggs Benedict

Good quality rustic bread (I used a sourdough baguette) but focaccia is good too!
1-2 slices provolone cheese per serving
1-2 slices prosciutto (crisped under the broiler)
2 poached eggs per serving
1/2 tbsp. pesto per serving

Toast bread, layer on cheese and place under broiler until melted. Then place prosciutto and poached eggs top with pesto sprinkle with salt and pepper and enjoy!

I hope everyone has a beautiful day,  I'll be at work all day serving breakfast and dancing to the live jazz band!

& crispy prosciutto

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about the car break-in! Not cool. And sorry too for all the other unpleasantness :/ I love how you're able to move on from a crummy start and still be so positive and --lucky for us readers-- creative :) This looks yummy! I'm pinning it :D

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...