Friday, January 14, 2011

let's get that in writing

Like many other people I'm starting out my year with a mile long list of things I want/need to do. Usually my ambition blows in like a storm and I have no trouble getting started on large, daunting projects. Well, that's just not the case with me right now. Currently I am finding myself in a very quiet reflective state. My usual winter creativity madness has sloughed away and left a bare and surprisingly sensitive persona. And I'm okay with this. If what I need right now is this cathartic interlude, then bring it on.
Luckily, I have a partner that is not only "okay" with my lack of ambition, but thinks it is absolutely necessary. He is the one that urges me to follow my own intuition and not feel guilty about not having folded laundry or a visible dining room table. Often he reassures me that all explosively creative people require inertia. While I'm not quite sure how I feel about being called explosively creative, I do appreciate that he sees me as a real artist.
Someday I aspire to have his unwaivering patience and devotion to me.

Peace stick with me, I'm getting there!

1 comment:

  1. You are so blessed, there are so many other words you could have tacked on behind "explosive."

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...