Wednesday, January 26, 2011

5 things

For some reason the thought of telling all of you a few very random things about yours truly crossed my mind. I'm not sure why, I have a lot on my mind I guess. All morning Mason has insisted that we go back to bed and snuggle, I told him that after we take Orion to school we can certainly get back in bed. So now he asks me every 3 minutes if we can go "night-night?" I get the feeling I will not be getting much accomplished today, besides a whole lotta snuggle time.

1. I tuck my babies in several times each night, when they go to bed, when I go to bed and every time I get up (which is way too often). I sneak into their room to kiss each of them and make sure they are covered and snug. Sometimes, if the mood strikes me, I'll cuddle in next to one of them or smuggle one back to bed with jess and I. Someday all too soon they will not want to be close to their mommy so I'm here to soak up every chance I have before then.

2. I genuinely enjoy mowing my lawn, which really bothers my very proper elderly neighbor who thinks that lawn mowing is simply not a woman's job. Every time I'm out mowing my lawn I can see her scowling from her window at Jess, which is maybe the best part of the whole thing.

3. I've lost my wedding band. Now, I am pretty sure that it is lost somewhere in my house, but either way the guilt is killing me. My engagement ring is too large and won't stay on without my band, what kind of omen is that? Just looking at my naked finger makes me want to bust into tears.

4. My cat usually ends up eating just as much of my popcorn as I do. I'm not kidding she is a popcorn junkie and will do anything short of clawing your eyes out to get some. I enjoy sharing it with her as it's always better than eating alone. If you ever come to my house be sure to share with the cat, she's pretty scary.

5. For the first time in my life I am frightened to see what the year will bring. As of now jess has been referred to a neurosurgeon and an orthopedic surgeon. We expect he will undergo a major back surgery in the next year but really have no idea what to expect. Will we move? Will jess have surgery? Will we be able to sell our house if jess has surgery and we move? Really it's all to much for me to process, so I guess I'll do the only option available to me and wait patiently, ahem... cause I'm known for patience.

 Hopefully I'll get a chance to go buy the paint for our bedroom redo today. After changing my mind a thousand times I've finally settled on this beauty

I'm going with hot spring stones. A nice warm grey that is a little tan at night

Here it is with my favorite inspiration, driftwood! The first photo is the true color but this is what it looks with my bedroom lamps on. What do you think?

Thanks for sticking around, kind of a strange long winded post huh?


Peace and a popcorn hoarding cat!

4 comments:

  1. I also enjoy mowing our yard! That is, as long as I can get the thing going!! I don't always wear my wedding band and engagement ring because I don't want to mess it up, then I go somewhere and forget to put it back on and feel lost!! I will be praying for you and your husband!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sneak in to snuggle and check on my boys several times a night too! And, I also love to mow the lawn... no idea why. My dad had my brother and I take turns when we were teens and I've always just really enjoyed it.

    I love the color you chose for your bedroom!

    Hope you find your wedding band! I've lost my entire set on several occasions and it seriously ruined me until I found them. Gah!

    I, too, will be praying for what's going on with your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love mowing the lawn, but I've only done it on a riding mower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband lost his wedding band the same year we were married! i might be suspicious if he hadn't lost it on a trip visiting my family, lol! Did i mention we bought him a new one :) Your husband will be in my prayers also.

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...