Friday, December 10, 2010

{Day 2} Paper Stars

On the second day of Ornament tutorials your bloggie friend gave to you...

Origami Paper Stars

This is a super easy tutorial that makes perfect stars every time * if * you can follow the directions EXACTLY!
If you do, your diligence will be rewarded with this:

I like to use a card stock weight paper but of course you can use book pages, scrapbook paper, heavy wrapping paper, old Christmas cards or anything!













To distress the star I rubbed the edges of it on a Distress ink pad, which is basically just a brown ink pad that costs more : ). I also added a little rhinestone to the center. I have made a ton of these and you can adorn them however you wish. I hope you give this one a try since all you need is a sheet of heavy weight paper and a pair of scissors!

Peace watch out for papercuts!

5 comments:

  1. I love star decorations! These especially look very simple to make --isn't origami awesome?!-- and the finished product is so unique, rustic, and charming. Thanks for sharing, Merr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you start with a square paper or a rectangle shape? I'm making these today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You start with a square piece of paper. Have fun making them, the kiddos can do them too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I made a very pretty green star... and I'm going to be making more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not wait to make these stars! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...