Monday, October 25, 2010

the number game

Aging is something that I have eagerly looked forward to my entire life. I always longed to be more than I was. In my teen years this brought on many issues and complications for both my parents and I. Then in my early twenties I wished I was older to avoid the ever awkward "but you look too young to be a mother, or married, or so serious about life."
Today I no longer feel too young to be as mature as I am.
Today I am 26
my husband is 32
Orion is 5, and Mason is 2
I have owned my own home for 2 years now, and I still love it
21 was how old I was when I traded my zesty youthful car for a mommy wagon
19 is how I was when I met the man I intend to spend the rest of my life with
1 is how old our son was when we said "I do"
10 is about the number of times I have had people both young and old tell me that if there really are soul mates Jessie and I are it.


 Joking around at work yesterday My chef told me that I am the oldest 26 year old he has ever met. I'm still not sure if I should be highly offended by that but, I have decided that it is who I am.

Peace of Cake

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    And I think your wrote this post about me, because it describes exactly how I've always felt about aging. Also? I think when I turn 26 next month, I'll feel a little more settled into my life as you described... that my age and what my life looks like will correlate in a way that won't shock people ;)

    Have a wonderful day celebrating!

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...